Dessewffy Street Synagogue

Dessewffy_belso_ing-dig-2834_cropAddress: H-1066 Budapest, Dessewffy Str. 23
Shaliach Tzibbur: György Rosenberg
Sachrit: weekdays: 7 am, Saturday: 9 am

 

The eldest and constantly opened orthodox prayer-room in the capital was opened in 1870. Seven years later was built up the Nyugati railway station, so in the beginning it was called the Porters’ or Carriers’ Synagogue, additionally ‘Red Caps Synagogue’ since they wore this typical style. The building housed also the Sick Fund and Selfaid Society of the Budapest Public Servants’ Industrial Association.
Nowdays, mostly local Jewish people visit this place.